Saturday, March 20, 2010

Well here I sit and I completed W1D3 of this new program. I did D2 a couple days ago and I was faster then D1. I actually felt that I could do another day this week. So here I come to D3, I decided to do it with my friend and training partner,Nancy. We met early in the morning downtown in Ft Lauderdale. She really wasn't sure what we were doing, but she has started the same program too. It was cool and we started to run after the 5 minute warm up. Completed the time allocated and felt strong, well at least I was upright.

I look forward to next week. Well i have some trepidation, but it is good that I am concerned , that way I will try that much harder to complete it. The crazier part of the whole morning was that after our training we did a 5K, yes exactly the race we were training for. OK we did not run all of it, but we did 30 seconds running , 1 minute walking for most of the race, and we finished it, Nancy and I in 40:04 with a pace of 12:54 officially. Not to shabby.

One of the best parts of the race was that I got to see a lot of my friends, people that have encouraged me through my ups and downs of this past training. Debbie, terry and Aaron and Luke were there. I ran some of the route with Eddie and Sophia. Got some brown sugar from Audrey. In all it was a great time. I look forward to this season and anticipate great things in the future.

Continue to smile, enjoy the training and take it one day at a time.

No comments: