Tuesday, March 8, 2011

A time to contemplate, a time to reevaluate.....

Can you feel it in the air? The times they are a changing again. I know it is easier when you are up north and the miserable, cold, wet winter is gnawing at you, and you begin to sense the change. the days are getting longer, the days are not as bleak. It is a time of renewal, a time of rebirth. Spring is upon us and lent is just about to begin.

What a perfect time , to sit back, recalculate , reevaluate our journey , this pilgrimage we are all on. I have decided to take the time, to set myself apart as best as I can to see where I am headed. Is it where I want to be and go, or am I really being open to the guidance and promptings of God through His Holy Spirit. I have at times during this past year felt that I am at a cross roads , a pivotal point in my life, and I feel that I am quickly approaching one now.

So I take time , to look , to listen to pray and to be open. In less then a month. I start the walk of St James, the camino in northern Spain. know it will be life changing because even if there is no major revelation, I will have many stories to tell and share with you all. Until then, until I start writing from Spain, I will be silent. I will sit and listen to the gentle whisper , the stirrings in my heart.

Peace to all.

No comments: