Sunday, April 3, 2011

Getting closer .....

I am in Madrid well actually finished the first day here. Although the plane was delayed did make it into Madrid at about 10:40 am. We found that there was going to be Mass at the terminal we were at, at 100pm. We waited around, tired but made it to Mass. Then we took the bus into town. We got dropped off about 10 minutes from our hotel. Well rolling my 42 pound luggage and Barbara rolling her 44 pounds, it seemed like alot more and a lot longer distance. We found the hotel right next to Gran Via which is the main drag here.

Got to the room and realized that my telephone was not working internationally, nor any of my apps. Decided not to panic , got washed up and started to sight see. Went to the puerta del sol, el Cortes ingles department store and then just walked. Had roasted chestnuts from a street vendor, went to the royal palace, the plaza major where we tried fresh potato chips. It was starting to rain. Well we got alot of rain but had fabada asturiana. Barbara tried blood sausage for the first time and this killer cheese tart. I had natural sidra and a glass of champagne at the hotel. Got my phone working, that is why I can write here too.

Whoa did I tell you this is only day one and we are jet lagged. I can see why we are tired. Well until the next time, buen camino.

No comments: