Thursday, April 7, 2011

Silence is golden....

Today we walked from Tricastela to Sarria , a distance of maybe 20 some km or like 11 or 12 miles. We picked the high road because it was moré scenic , less traveled and slihhtly shorter. Beautiful vistas were st every córner but the most impressive thing of today's trip was the silence. In the chirping of the birds, the babbling of the brooks, the breeze through the trees the sound of a cow bell, there was a especial silence and solitude on today's walk. I felt in my heart that in this quiet , in this solitude is where I can feel and come to understand and appreciate God's presence in my life. I think that is why the world is so messed up right now. Too much busyness, too much audio visual stimulationprevents us from seeing, from heading the whisper of God in our lives. So this journey for me now becomes moré personal. It is not a time to network, to do the things I would normally do. The time comes when the journey not only takes me when step closer to Santiago, but it also takes me closer to once encountering my God in the silence if my heart

No comments: