Monday, April 4, 2011

I think the 'camino' will be easier ....

Ok it is day 2 , in Madrid. We left the hotel at 830 in the morning and got back just a while back after 9 pm. I think the actual walk will be easier. Woke up to a beautiful cool morning. Barbara got a Starbucks and I stopped at a little bar/ quick mart and got a cafe con leche and pastries. Then off to the royal palace again, stopped at several churches on the way, the museum of ham and then to Mass to celebrate Barbara's birthday. It was in the crypt church under cathedral, what an experience. Then off walking around to Plaza Mayor where I was looking for hot chocolate and churros. Too late for them so had a beer instead, good thing because I had bought some fresh pork rinds. Off to some more spectacular churches then bought meringue and a rufta, something like chocolate mousse. Yes great lunch. Then we did a trial run on the metro to train station for tomorrow morning. Came back went to KM zero where all roads start in Madrid. Then off to another church, it was closed because it is Monday so took the Metro back from Puerta de Toledo.

In the course of the day visited 7 or 8 churches and almost got run over twice. I forget that there are cars on the road too.

Ended the day at Plaza Mayor for paella and a pitcher of sangria. And no I did not walk in traffic after that. Had marzipan instead of cake.

And now I am off to bed. Buen camino.
.

No comments: