Friday, April 8, 2011

I know God has a sense of humor....

Went from Sarria to Portomarin today, that is about 25 km took us about 8 hours because there is still record heat here. In past years it has snowed at this time of year, but lucky us we are sweating at close to 30 C. Today we reached a milestone or should I say km-stone. We made it to 100 km from Santiago, actually now about 88 km away. The terrain was definitely a challenge , with either an uphill climb or downhill ; seldom was it even.
Part of the uphill was over foot wide granite steps with water rushing on either side. Well this is where God's sense of humor comes in. When we had successfully traversed this section, I was happy with myself with the accomplishment. Well, it was now time to go downhill. No, no more steps, only a couple of inches of mud. And this is a dry part of the year. I'm thinking ok God yes I will even walk through this mud for you.

But isn't this like our real life, sometimes when we think ok I have either had enough or enough already... He gets you through it.

Tonight it seems cooler, and the stars are incredible, it is truly the milky way. A lot of you know that I did the Goofy Race and a Half Challenge, and you call me goofy. After I get back just call me Santiago because this if not for the spiritual, is a lot crazier. Buen camino, my friends.

No comments: